Thursday 5 September 2013

Dress - hand me down from my Mum, boots - Office

I miss my blue hair & I'm not wearing any make up cause I feel like poop but my new style muse is Mathilda from Léon <3 (extended post on this soon).

Sorry for the lack of posts recently! Between work & not having a lot of money, I haven't been going out very much so I've spent a lot of time watching Breaking Bad (!!!), sleeping, salvaging furniture & baking cakes. 



Poop cakes

110g/4oz butter or margarine, softened at room temperature
110g/4oz caster sugar
2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
110g/4oz self-raising flour
1-2 tbsp milk
Ferrero Rocher chopped/crushed
8 squares of Galaxy (or whatever) chopped
2 tbsp Nutella

For the buttercream:
Icing Sugar
Butter
Water
Nutella



✿ Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180°C & line a baking tray with paper cases.

✿ Cream together butter & sugar, beat in the eggs & mix in the Nutella.

✿ Fold in the flour and add the milk. Mix until everything is mixed and at a soft consistency, kinda like slightly melted ice cream. 

✿ Spoon the mixture in to the cases filling them about half way.

✿ Bake for 8-10 minutes (poke with a skewer to check if they're done - if they are it should come out clean)

✿ Once the cakes are done, leave them to cool.

✿ To make the buttercream we mixed icing sugar and butter as per the box instructions with a little water and then mixed in a couple of spoonfuls of Nutella. 

✿ Spoon the buttercream in to a sandwich bag and snip off the corner to make a DIY icing bag then starting from the outside, pipe on to the top of the cakes in a spiral, finishing in the middle with a little peak.


I made these for my Mum's Birthday and I hadn't planned for them to come out how they did, but luckily she has the same sense of humour I do and they were totally yummy too, so she loved them anyway. Recipe adapted from this one I found on the BBC site here.

Heres a little summary of my month in Instagram photos:

Forever commuting, best cider <3, cute little seaside trip



xo

No comments:

Post a Comment