Friday 19 July 2013

FOOD: Oreo Cookie Brownie Cupcakes

Hello! 

Thank you so much to everyone that's reading/following/commenting <3 I really appreciate it!  

I thought it might be nice to break up the stream of outfit posts with something a bit different. Rob found the recipe for these here and they looked super simple to make, so I thought I'd share this gem of a find!





All you need is:
  • One pack of cookie mix
  • One pack of brownie mix
  • One pack of Oreos (we used double stuffed :8)
  • Muffin cases

We only had to add water but be sure to check the instructions on the mixes you buy 'cause some might need extras like eggs or milk.

Then all you need to do is: 

- Line a baking tray with muffin cases
- Mix the cookie dough & brownie mix in separate bowls (following the instructions on the packets)
- Spoon the cookie mix in the bottom of the muffin cases
- Add an Oreo to each & cover with brownie mix

The markings on our oven have worn off so I'm not sure what temperature we cooked them at, the recipe says gas mark 4 so go with that, and we left them in for about 10/15 minutes but just check on them regularly to see how they're doing.



I'd recommend adding a bit more water than suggested on the packets - just enough to make the mix a bit less sticky but not runny, as ours turned out a bit dry. I'd want to try them again in a tray rather than in cases, and maybe with different mixes. We just got the cheap Tesco ones, but I think it might be worth spending a bit more!
 xo

No comments:

Post a Comment